Lychee Slicer Changelog
All notable changes to the Lychee Slicer development are listed below. Some minor changes and additions maybe not in this list, as well as the internal versions.
Lychee Slicer 3.2.2/3 – Public Beta – 2020-12-15
This version of Lychee Slicer is provided as a public beta as it brings new features that may impact your way of working and, more importantly, are working on core functions. They have been tested, but we advise our users not to use them in production.
We introduced the local editing of support parameters when having a multiselection: changing one slider value will affect only this value for all the supports. Before, it was replacing all the values from the selected support.
Besides, we added a little calculator in the Pro version, which lets you add, as an example, +0.1 mm for all your support tips of a multiselection. All the tips values will be increased by +0.1, whatever their original value.
Finally, we introduced a preset for the raft. Save your current settings and recall them later.
- Support individual slider settings in multiselection: affects only the values of the current slider.
- [Pro] Relative supports calculator. Add relative values to your selection of supports.
- [Pro] Raft user preset. Save your raft settings and use it again later.
- Improved model replacement position. In previous versions, replacing a 3D model in the Layout section was moving it if the bounding box was changed. Now, the model position remains in place, and supports are eventually recalculated.
- Printable XY size for the 3D printer has been added to the 3D printer settings. It lets you see the difference between the build volume and screen size, which can be different on some 3D printers.
- Purchasing the Pro subscription can be done from within the application or can be done by opening our online store. Some users were not confident in buying from the application. Now it’s possible to decide what to do.
- An email provider check has been added. Some providers don’t like our emails, and they n
- Loading issue with LYS files (3.2.2)
- 3D mouse support improvement.
- Some issues with Wanhao D8 Workshop.
- Version update button.
- Various bugs.
Lychee Slicer 3.2.1 – 2020-12-09
This version of Lychee Slicer brings mainly bug fixes, improvements and introduces a new antialiasing algorithm ‘V2’ and the ability to import/export your 3D printers, including all their 3D resins settings.
Wanhao 3D printers have been added. Thanks to a partnership with Wanhao, users using an account for these printers will connect to Lychee Slicer with the same account.
- New antialiasing V2. It improves the smoothness of surfaces.
- Supports can be antialiased or not. It is advised to disable the antialiasing on supports to avoid changing even slightly their thickness, especially on the tip location.
- 3D Printer Import/Export, including associated resin settings.
- Cloud database window modification: when starting the application, if some default settings for a 3D printer or resin has been done on the server-side, you will be notified and will have the ability to keep your current settings or using the one from the server.
- Custom currency can be used in the resin settings and not anymore the default ones.
- Copy Object: Auto Arrange and Keep Arrangement options are now provided, allowing more choices when Lychee Skcer arranges your copied models.
- .PWS file format has been added for the Anycubic Photon printers that support this file format.
- .photon export has been added to the TianFour T280 3D printer
- Protocol URL: Lychee Slicer can be open through an URL and perform some actions based on the URL.
New 3D printers
- Wanhao D7
- Wanhao D8
- Wanhao GR1 (Gadoso Revolution)
- Optimize Printer and resin edition performance
- Blur Antialiasing minimum value to 2 instead of 5
- Use the native full screen on MacOS and alt-click on the full-screen button to maximize the interface.
- App Reload shortcut (was: CTRL+R, now: CTRL+shift+R)
- Using special characters in the file name or path was crashing the application.
- Cloud file backup/save: reloading a backup was not working.
- Compatibility with some 3D mouse.
- Printer Menu, when not connected to the internet, was not working or making the application crashing.
- Hollowing on the copied model was crashing the application.
- .cbddlp and .photon export selector for some 3D printers.
- island detector missing some island.
- CMD + h on Macintosh to hide the application
- Do not show “Default Default Default” resin name.
- UI small fixes.
- Various bugs fixed.
Lychee Slicer 3.2 – 2020-11-26
This version of Lychee Slicer 3.2 brings many additions, gains in stability and speed. Also, many printers have been added.
The changelog below lists all the changes and additions. Users who have used the Public Beta versions 3.1.x will find all the additions they have tested.
- [PRO] 3D Hollowing: It can be exported, but not the holes that remain dynamic and that are generated during the slicing process. Hollowing thickness can be updated at any time. An “Inside” view mode lets you see and add supports easily in the hollowed part of the model, as soon as you are using the 3D hollowing function.
- [PRO] 3D printers compatibility for Variable Layers Height (different thickness for your layers):
- Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K
- Phrozen Sonic 4K
- Elegoo Saturn
- Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
- Nova3D Bene 4
- Nova3D Elfin2 Mono SE
- [PRO] New “Real” precision mode for Island detection that uses the current 3D printer settings to search for islands: current layer thickness and screen pixel resolution (the Pixel Perfect mode).
- [PRO] Scale Gizmo in Advanced Support editing mode: when manipulating the Scale cube, you will change the diameter/size of the corresponding selected element of the support. Size is displayed next to the manipulator.
- [PRO] Angle can be added to the base of the support
- [PRO] On/Off hollowing switch
- Transition Layers: this function makes a smooth exposure time transition from the Burn-in Layers (overexposed layers) to regular layers on the 32D printers listed above. It helps to avoid layers split.
- Duplicate function in Layout has a new option to keep the layout of the selection.
- Quick Repair object: fixes the holes in 3D models. If the models have non-manifold edges, you still need to use Netfabb Online repair tool.
- Auto-Save added: Lychee Slicer now save your scene automatically as a Lychee Slicer Lite scene in a subfolder, located at the same place as your scene file. Saves are incremental.
- Save reminder: Lychee Slicer reminds you to save your new project after a few minutes and then will start the autosave in the background. A preference lets you disable this function.
- Select supports by preset, in the Support menu
- Islands are now visible in the Clipping bar.
- Adding/connecting manual supports to the tip on existing support is now allowed.
- Light/Medium/Heavy presets hotkeys (CTRL+1/2/3)
- Supports visibility management in the View menu: you can now hide, unhide, isolate supports.
- At Scale scene preview (“Show Banana for scale”) in the Preview section.
- Mobile push notification system for Wifi 3D printers (With PushOver service).
- Values are automatically highlighted when editing a parameter: type the new number to replace the previous one and hit Enter to validate
- Export Lychee Slicer Scene is now also available in the Export section.
- 3D Printer/Resin/Layers information in the Export section
- Cancel button on during the repair process with Netfabb
- New menus and sub-menus in the Support section of the application
- New preference to hide the help floating window, located at the bottom of the window in the Support section.
- Scale tool displays both the size in units and percentage.
- Hide Application shortcut on Mac added (cmd+H)
New 3D printers
- Nova3D Bene 4 – Overcured Supports, Variable Layer Height, Transition Layers support, Wifi printing and push notifications.
- Nova3D Elfin2 Mono SE – Overcured Supports, Variable Layer Height, Transition Layers support, Wifi printing and push notifications.
- Anycubic Photon Mono
- Anycubic Photon Mono SE
- Anycubic Photon Mono X
- Anycubic Photon X
- Phrozen Sonic 4K – Variable Layer Height Support and Transition Layers support
- Add compatibility with Longer 10 and Longer 30 on Linux
- TianFour T280
- SainSmart Kumitsu KL9
- Epax E10 4K Mono
- Epax E6
- Weistek w5501
- Chinese translation finalized – Thanks to Zephyr!
- French translation fully proofread – Thanks to Woufi!
- Italian translation improved – Thanks to Yanguria!
- Translation can be reloaded on the fly, for translators only.
- Global speed improvements.
- 3D Mouse support improved.
- Mouse 3D invert by axis.
- Parenting of supports can be done with a multi-selection of supports.
- Loaded scenes don’t overwrite support’s presets by their own settings. A preference has been added to revert this behavior.
- Auto-save is enabled only if there are scene changes (object, supports, layer, holes, minimas).
- Penetration for drain holes is now set in mm.
- Non-manifolds models are not displayed in red anymore.
- Lychee Slicer supports are not flagged anymore as non-manifold after export, then import.
- Support structures have been optimized, lowering the polygon count.
- “Export Selected” now exports multiple selected object and their supports.
- Resin settings now display only the full list of settings. The simplified mode has been removed.
- Selecting a 3D printer will select the latest associated resin and not the default one.
- [PRO] Contact form for technical support has been improved. Basic information (computer specifications, selected printer and resin settings) will be associated with your support ticket.
- Clipping in 3D Mode now displays the slice in white color.
- Some units now have a decimal (like Liters in resin settings).
- The escape key can be used in the Measure tool and Tooltip added.
- Recovery function on startup now does the difference between the auto-recovery and the autoload for the previous scene. The popup can be skipped.
- The default path for the exported slice is set in the folder where the scene is saved.
- “Supporting Level” for the Automatic Support has been renamed to “Support Density” and the slider values are now Low, Normal, High and Ultra.
- Support generation from islands has been moved in the Manual Support section and the behavior has been updated: now it adds a support for each island, except the one that can’t be reached.
- “Deselect all” only deselect support if supports are selected
- Effects (Antialiasing, etc) added for Nova3D printers
- Z Scale on support base increases the base thickness
- Improve Scene loading time
- Auto Arrange is now set to off when using the Duplicate function in the Layout section.
- Select All do not select anymore the hidden objects.
- The minimum size for objects from the library has been fixed.
- Recovery scene preference “Ask to reload the previous scene” is now correctly saved.
- Move (Translate) selection/Deselect all fixed.
- 3D Printer width/heights incrementation fixed.
- Improved 3D mouse detection to prevent joystick to be detected as a 3D mouse.
- For LYS scene files, the Object Editor doesn’t display anymore the full path of the 3D model.
- The object is not deselected when all the supports have been deselected.
- Join of the support base going through the build plate.
- Hollowing thickness is now not affected by the object scale.
- Shadow on the build plate.
- Reset Base Length when moving from the object surface to the build plate with a default value.
- Use default settings for the object to object function.
- Base Length on support when another support is selected.
- Enable support on base and tip of parented support.
- Support gap between elements of the supports.
- It is not possible to delete the object in the Support section.
- Make Vertical and Make Straight hotkeys.
- Asking to login after XX days have been removed.
- Ram consumption improvement on island detection.
- WebGL improvements on Linux.
- Import resin in Adding resin popup.
- Only remove the supports of the current braced object.
- Kelant S500 orientation, resulting in resolution error.
- Antialiased has been fixed for the new Anycubic 3D printers file format (PW0, PWMX, etc.)
- Antialiasing levels for Anycubic 3D printers.
- Time calculation with Anycubic 3D printers.
- The orthographic/perspective setting preserved when creating a new scene.
- Slice preview was not always visible on export.
- Outside of the 3D printer volume detection not always working.
- When the clipping bar is at 0 in the Preview section, the slice is hidden.
- Selection issue with the Advanced Support edit mode.
- Multiple bugs.
- Do not select the 3D model when hovering it in the Layout section.
- Gap found in mini support
- Update clipping bar on object lift
- Scene loading various issues
- Mesh loading hanging – only select visible support
- Manage error in .LYS files
- Object visibility management
- Advanced Editing mode: radius, if support is a base tip
- Scale mini in Advanced editing mode
- Join Length editing
- Remove Bracing only on the selected support
- Allow click through the bar located below the top menus
- “Show” menu is visible in hole mode
- Detected island placement has been improved, visual feedback is now closer to the real minima position.
- Scale of support is based on a fixed amount value, not in percentage.
- Optimized mouse events to reduce lags and inertia in 3D navigation.
- Base Length changed when modifying multiple support at the same time.
- Support base visibility when camera is below
- Island position and accuracy
- Object selection when loading scene
- Open recent file needs to clear the scene.
- Catch nothing to slice – corrupted scene alert
- Bug on old .LYS files with new hash system on duplicate
- Bugs on the old parenting system
- Resize window UI synchronization
- “File” menu remains open without a clic
- Multiple UI glitches
- Selected hidden object on scene loading
- Fix loading “check for update…” during object loading
- Cancel when slicing for several 3D printers.
- SpaceMouse Wireless compatibility.
Lychee Slicer 3.1.2 – 2020-09-25
This version is the first stable release of Lychee Slicer 3.
- New Lychee Slicer lite *.LYT file format includes only data from Lychee Slicer (Supports, etc.) but not the 3D models that have been loaded in the scene. The 3D files must be supplied with the LYT file, the 3D models being an external resource.
- Lychee Slicer Scene *.LYS file format version 2. Files will be a little bit bigger, but faster to load. The Legacy Lychee Slicer file format (V1) is still available for backward compatibility.
- [PRO] Change the 3D Printer screen size by +/- 2% in the 3D printer settings. It can be useful for users who need compensating resin shrinkage.
- 3D model topology error detection on loading: Lychee Slicer will now warn you if an object has topology/structure issues on loading and will display them in red in the Layout and Preview rooms. Please fix them before slicing them.
- The Slicing process now detects artifacts caused by topology issues on the 3D model and warns the user.
- Activation email can be resent from the user control panel.
- Lychee Slicer scene file format: now in version 2, see description above.
- Deleting 3D models that are not found on loading is now possible.
- Save As to LYS/LYT/LYS through a submenu, with associated shortcuts
- ALT+D hotkey will not duplicate anymore the object in the Support Room, but only in Layout Room.
- Importing a model will automatically switch to the Layout Room and will select the 3D model.
- Free Zone 3D printers ZIP export has been removed.
- Tooltip added to explain why hollowing and adding hole is disabled when using a FreeZone 3D printer
- Dimming intensity has been reduced during operations with a progress bar is now: the screen was too dark.
- [PRO] Join cone does reset base length
- Mirror ALT support
- Support menu in the Support Room is now always visible, even if no supports are selected.
- Several bugs when importing LYS file format
- OBJ Exporter on large file
- Erratic movements of the Gizmo
- Mini support: a gap between elements
- Tip normal with two points supports
- Base Length of parented support
- Supports/Holes tabs position in Free version
- Allow mouse move in 3D space bellow support/hole right panel
- Support visibility on duplicate
- Duplication does not repeat when the hotkey is still pressed
- Update Advanced Editing Support when changing support settings
- Support visibility in bracing and in the double parent
- Text editor will display “X” if no text is entered
- Raft updated after auto support.
[3.0.11] – Public Beta – 2020-09-09
This version is considered as a Release Candidate for the stable version of Lychee Slicer 3.1
- ALT+D will duplicate the selected support instead of the object. Quickly duplicate supports in position and refine them, creating overlapped supports.
- Use ALT key in the Measurement tool to snap on the axis
- Show inch/mm in measure tool
- HID debug for 3DMouse (for debugging purposes)
- Do not allow direct drag of Variable Layer points
- Mini supports shape
- Magic not running if auto orientation set to false
- Slice empty areas were not pure black
- Centered text geometry
- Inverted mirror in slicing
- Slicing speed improved
- Variable Layer import when resin does not exist was preventing the file loading
- Visible overflow in layer range if Variable layers are too high
- Estimated Print Time when using Variable Layers were inaccurate
- Variable Layer settings corruption in some file formats
- Variable Layer change unit
- OBJ Exporter
- Different Object to Object support visibility on loading
[3.0.10] – Public Beta – 2020-09-07
- Mini supports now can be added by using CTRL+Alt key
- User Interface modification for the Supports and Holes tabs in the Support palette.
- Hide Base Length
- Change “offTime” name
- Support presets dropdown has been renamed to “Custom” and replacing the little down arrow.
- Slightly revert the Supports settings behavior on creation.
- Slices Artefacts in Hollowing
- Raft artifacts
- Support orientation precision on object
- Object OnPlate tool accuracy
- Resin display in variable layers
- Support Preset Highlight when overriding Presets
- Join Cone diameters
- Fit To bed max scale
- Support Base visibility and colors
- Increase Base Length accordingly to the Base Cone setting
- Complex scene loading
- Loading when double click on a file starting the app
- Fliped object
- STL loading
- UI library margin and sort properties
- Estimated time
- Import .lys with small objects
- Magic stop if auto Orient fails
[3.0.8] – Public Beta – 2020-09-01
- [PRO] Variable layer support for .PHZ and .CTB file format (Elegoo Mars Pro, Phrozen Sonic Mini, Sonic Mini 4K, Epaxx 3D printers, etc).
- Supports updated workflow: the creation of new supports will keep the parameters of selected support. Without support selection, the current preset (Light/Medium/Heavy) will be used.
- Support Presets now have colors and indicators, based on the selection. If a Support based on a preset is slightly modified, like tip size has been changed, the tab will display a darker blue: the support is close to the corresponding presets.
- [PRO] Improved Supports panel:
- New design with icons and tabs reorganization.
- New Base Tip tab: displays the corresponding settings for the base tip of a Support, when starting for the 3D model and not the build platform.
- Join diameters sliders have been moved to the Mid tab.
- “All” tab is now the default one.
- History menu in Edit menu: allows you to undo/redo multiple steps at the same time.
- File/Open Recent files
- File/Import Recent files
- Magic Menu now has a preset support selector
New 3D Printer
- Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K
- Default values for Supports sizes have been updated, mostly for tip and diameters. Click on the little down arrow next to the “Heavy” support preset, then click on Reset Presets Light/Medium/Heavy to use the new settings.
- Improved tip position finding in Auto Supports.
- Supports Mirror mode: prevent support creation non connected to the model (for models with partial symmetry).
- Manual support sizes behavior updated (See description in “Added”)
- Improved performances in auto-orientation, slicing initialization, and more.
- [PRO] Advanced support Cascade/Stop selector moved in preferences.
- Clipping Range top limit.
- Undo for Supports in mirror mode.
- Minima count shows NaN.
- Penetration and tip diameters were reset at each startup.
- CTB File Format fixed.
- PHZ File Format fixed.
- Phrozen Sonic Mini Resin editor displaying unused settings.
- Support visibility for children supports.
- Do not select a hidden object when doing a marquee selection.
- Object list position.
- Support to Support Diameters.
- Auto bracing diameter.
- Prevent bigger joint than Parent on manual Support to Support.
- Prevent base-length value to be higher than tip position.
- Prevent modify Base Length when modifying other settings on multiple support.
- Allow having bigger base diameters.
- Support Join Cone visibility.
- Cathedral support can’t Parent.
- Raft minimum scale is now able to go down to 80%.
- Triangle Raft.
- Multiple object selection with the shift key.
- Preview of multiple objects rotate and scaling.
- AutoOrient bug on free-zone printer.
- Double Clic on rotation gizmo when multiple objects are selected.
- Prevent bracing on to close supports.
- Various internal Bugs.
[3.0.7] – Public Beta – 2020-08-25
- Press ALT key to display without delay, the advanced tooltips (tooltips content is in progress).
- [PRO] Creation of supports in Advanced mode with ALT key is now possible. ALT+Double-click to create supports that go to the ground/base.
- New Support Menu preference: Safe distance from Object. This setting defines the minimum distance Supports can be from the 3D models. It’s set by default to 0.5 mm.
- New Auto Support preference: Parent Diameter Growth. This setting will increase the thickness of support pillars depending on the number of supports parented with this support.
- New Auto Support preference: create supports only from Islands.
- Performance improvements for support creation, manipulation, undos/redos, manipulation of 3D models with supports in the Layout room, and more.
- Creating a new scene now clears the undo history.
- Various user interface minor edits.
- Better collision detection on large/tall supports.
- Fit to bed function takes rotation into account as well as Z size.
- Support Visibility Mode only in Support Menu.
- Bracing diameter is now based on parent diameter.
- Penetration and Tip Diameter values correctly stored.
- Place Support in Advanced Mode.
- Resin selection size.
- Mac objects visibility.
- Visual glitches on support bases when a Support is selected.
- Support visibility after specific actions.
- Island visible while being on the build plate.
- Supports are preserved when updating the STL in the Layout room.
- Magic button popup out of the application window.
- Hole between bracing parts.
- Raft selection glitch.
[3.0.5] – Public Beta – 2020-08-12
- New help tooltip system Work in Progress
- Import/Export Resin profile from Lychee Slicer and other slicers
- Auto orientation now try to fix the object inside de bounding box
New 3D Printers
Note: these new 3D printers are in “Beta” as the Mango 3D team doesn’t have access to most of these machines. First, please do a “blank” print by removing the build platform and resin tank and seeing if everything looks fine. Then try a simple and small print, before starting your regular prints.
- QIDI Shadow 6.0 Pro
- QIDI S-box
- Phrozen Shuffle XL Lite
- Peopoly Phenom Noir
- Peopoly Phenom L
- Kelant S500
- JGAURORA G3
- Elegoo Mars C
- Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
- EPAX X156 4K
- EPAX X1-N
- EPAX X1-K
- EPAX X1-DJ
- Phrozen Sonic XL 4K
- Creality LD-002R
- Creality LD-002H
- Supports optimization
- PHZ files now have a background color
- ALT key now can force Lychee Slicer to create manual support when it’s theoretically impossible to add this support
- No more breakpoint sphere when in supports are mini
- 3D printers are now organized by brand
- Support Advanced Editing Gizmo mouse interaction
- Account Menu UI issue
- Support colliding with hidden object
- Netfabb connexion
- PHZ file format
- UI various issues
- Double parent support too big
- Printer modal bug
- Bring back CWS for MangOS
- Floating support when moving object
- Export estimation time
[3.0.3] – Public Beta – 2020-08-04
- [PRO] Triangle Raft
- No more hole number limitation
- Bracing Algorithm optimization
- Auto Support/Bracing/Parenting Algorithm speed optimization
- Allow create/delete bracing on selected supports only
- Menu Export UI Bugs
- Netfabb timeout
- Minor bugs
- File Extension when exporting to an external drive
- Lag at the end of Parenting Algorithm
- Mang’OS export
- Manual Bracing diameter
- Support position when Mirroring Object
- Bracing colliding Object
[3.0.1] – Public Beta – 2020-07-30
- New Business Model with “Pro” subscription
- New AutoSupport algorithm “Island Focused”
- New support position finder
- New Bracing algorithm
- New Parenting algorithm
- New support shape calculator on manual and auto support to avoid object as much as possible
- New Menu organization
- Notification System
- Search for ground distance in AutoSupport and Manual support
- Max diameter for bracings
- Show number of island support created and number of island support canceled
- [Pro] Auto Update Object 3D on File Change
- [Pro] New dynamic rafts
- Pixelate Round
- Shape Wall
- [Pro] New support shapes
- Tip/Mid/Bottom Cross
- Tip/Mid/Bottom Cube
- Bottom Cone
- Bottom Octagon
- [Pro] Advanced Support Edition allowing to customize every position of the support
- [Pro] Advanced Support Settings
- Independent part shape
- Independant Tip Join Diameter
- Tips BreakPoint
- Tips Penetration
- Bottom Join Cone
- [Pro] Advanced Hollowing Features
- Pixel Dimming
- Double Lattice Infill
- [Pro] Variable layer height for compatible printers
- [Pro] Unlimited hole number
- [Pro] New Slicing Effects
- Stroke Blur
- [Pro] Checkerboard option in hollowing
- Crash Detection
- Auto-repair file with Netfabb Repair Online (account managed or not by the slicer)
- Linux installer
- Ask the user to select his printer on the first login
- Camera position shortcut
- Simple Resin edition mode
- Categories in Configuration Menu
- Camera orthographic/perspective shortcut
- USB Drive detection and allow the user to export directly on it
- Double Clicking the wheel to focus on objects
- New User and license UI
- Warning if no hole detected when hollowing is on
- Print Simulator View in Preview Menu
- Move/enable/disable clipping with keyboard up/down shortcut
- Text Generator in Library
- Clipping and Slice preview in HD/Pixel-perfect on idle
- Mesh and Support Colors
- Support Base visibility when the camera is below
- Smaller island detector overlays
- Improve Object loading performance
- Bigger diameter for Parent Support if it does not intersect the object
- Mini support in Manual support
- CTRL + D to deselect all
- Alt + D to duplicate object
New 3D Printers
- Elegoo Mars Pro
- Anycubic Photon
- Zero Phrozen
- Sonic Mini Epaxx X10 4K Mono
- MKS Wifi board
- CTB slice format
- PHZ slice format
- PW0 slice format
- Nova 3D Elfin file format